Become a Volunteer at Home Basics!
We are looking for reliable volunteers to help at both Walkerburn and Hawick stores
Hours and days vary and can be flexible depending on the role. Please contact the stores directly to discuss.
Tel: Walkerburn 01896 870455 or Hawick 01450 363974.
Some duties include:
- Sales Support Volunteers- sales experience and electronic point of sale (EPOS) system experience an advantage.
- Driver Support Volunteers (Walkerburn) – must be physically fit as these roles require heavy lifting and general warehouse assistance.
- Sorting household donations and general team support.
- Additional duties supporting roles in the Walkerburn workshop and portable appliance testing (PAT) assistance possibly at both Walkerburn and Hawick, please call to discuss.
We offer opportunities to develop employability skills, gain valuable experience for your CV, and provide references for potential employers.
You will be
- A key part and a valued member of our small friendly team.
- Encouraging people in your local community to choose to reuse.
- Contributing to Home Basics’ impact on the environment, reducing landfill and supporting vulnerable people in need.
- Keeping mentally active using your skills for a good cause.
To discuss your availability, please call our stores direct: Walkerburn 01896 870455 or Hawick 01450 363974.
Thank you for your interest.